北京快3官方网址The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) is designed for individuals with a bachelor’s
degree in a field other than education, who have no formal teacher training and wish
to enter the teaching profession. It is well suited to recent graduates and to those
seeking to change careers.
Graduates of the MAT program are eligible for teacher certification in the general
education tracks of early childhood, elementary and secondary education.
- Early childhood education prepares you to teach PreK through grade three.
- Elementary education prepares you to teach grades one through six.
- Secondary education prepares you to teach grades seven through 12 in biology, chemistry,
Chinese (Mandarin), earth-space science, English, French, mathematics, physics, social
studies or Spanish.
General Education Options
Students in the general education track may pursue the one-year or part-time option.
The one-year option 北京快3官方网址requires a full-time commitment to courses and field placements. Part-time field placements
are required during the fall term; a full-time internship is completed in the spring
term. This option is completed in four terms, and begins only in the summer.
The part-time option requires a minimum of two years to complete. Students may begin this option in any
term. Late afternoon and evening courses are offered each term. The final fall and
spring terms require a full-time commitment to courses and field placements. Part-time
field placements are required during the fall term; a full-time internship is completed
in the final spring term.
Teacher Certification in Special Education
北京快3官方网址Graduates of the MAT program are eligible for teacher certification in the special
education tracks of infant/primary, elementary/middle or secondary/adult education.
- Infant/primary education prepares you to teach grades birth through grade three.
- Elementary/middle education prepares you to teach grades one through eight.
- Secondary/adult education prepares you to teach grades six through 12. A content concentration
in biology, English, mathematics or social studies is required.
why towson university?
- Towson University’s long history and reputation as an excellent teacher training institution
- program can be completed on a full- or part-time basis
- part-time program accommodates working professionals and full-time students with late
afternoon and evening classes
- programs accredited by the and the